The Official Stonecutters Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

Game ONe (Episode I): Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (03/28/2011)

Matthew
    Admin

Game ONe (Episode I): Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (03/28/2011) Empty Game ONe (Episode I): Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (03/28/2011)

Post  Matthew Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:43 am

Game One of Stonecutters Floor Hockey...Part One!

The Matchup: Stonecutters (away) vs. Glove Sniffers (home)
    Date and Time: Monday, March 28, 2011, 7:30 P.M.
    Location: Gates Field House (located inside Ritchie Center), University of Denver.

Last Meeting (Regular Season): 3-1 L (01/17/2011)
    All-time record vs. Glove Sniffers: 0-2 (includes postseason)

If there is one word on the collective minds of the Stonecutters tonight, that word is revenge.

While taking the Glove Sniffers to a 3-1 decision early in the Winter season may not look like such a lopsided loss on paper, the real beatdown came in the postseason as the Stonecutters were pummeled by a score of 11-4, resulting in a first round playoff exit for the second consecutive season and fifth overall.

The Glove Sniffers took advantage of their opportunities and made the Stonecutters pay en route to their championship match against the eventual division champion Nordiques.

Now that the Nordiques have vacated their title for the Spring season, the Glove Sniffers are looking to make a play for the championship honors.

The Stonecutters, however, won't let the Glove Sniffers stroll their way to the title without putting up a fight. With last season's leading scorer Molly C. on injured reserve and the departure of playmaker Matt D., the scoring for the Stonecutters is going to have to come from other areas.

The ace in the Stoncutters' sleeve just might be new free agent Dan S., who jumped on board with the Stonecutters and is ready to hit the ground running with his new teammates.

One thing's for sure: there will be a different outcome at the end of tonight's game.

Discuss tonight's game right here!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:27 am