The Official Stonecutters Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

3 posters

Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011)

Matthew
    Admin

Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011) Empty Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011)

Post  Matthew Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Game Two of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

The Matchup: Stonecutters (0 - 1 - 0 - 0) vs. Glove Sniffers (1 - 0 - 0 - 3)
    Date and Time: Monday, January 17, 2011, 8:30 P.M.
    Location: Gates Field House (located inside Ritchie Center), University of Denver.

Last Meeting: 12-4 L (11/08/2010)
    All time record against Glove Sniffers: 0-1

The Stonecutters look to rebound from last week's loss to the Nordiques tonight against the Glove Sniffers, who won their first game of the season last week against A Sieve by a score of 7-2.

The Stonecutters have their work cut out for them tonight, as the Glove Sniffers are a high-scoring team and have a roster loaded with talent.

They are, however, no Nordiques, and the Stonecutters have reloaded their roster to counter the Glove Sniffers' attack.

This will not be the same team that the Glove Sniffers encountered last season. This will only serve to give the Stonecutters a tactical advantage that the Glove Sniffers will not possess.

Discuss tonight's game right here!
    doublenickel

Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011) Empty Re: Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011)

Post  doublenickel Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am

What do you guys think about having a book on the teams we play? Such as what their tendencies are and what players to look out for. I know that Matt has the video for each game. I was just thinking it could be a quick reference. Although, we wouldn't be able to use it until next season. Or the playoffs or whenever we play that team again.
    fireguyq

Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011) Empty Re: Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011)

Post  fireguyq Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 am

I think it would be a good idea. Course, it would create more work for Matthew since he has all the game footage...
    doublenickel

Post  doublenickel Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 am

I guess I should clarify. I meant since the game is fresh in our minds we should write down the other teams tendencies and what players they have we should watch out for. We, meaning, the people who played in the game. I didn't know if it would be redundant to have video and a book on each team. But, I think it would be good for reference. It would be useful the next time we play that team. But, that wouldn't be until the playoffs or next season.
    doublenickel

Game Two: Stonecutters vs. Glove Sniffers (01/17/2011) Empty The Book on the Glove Sniffers

Post  doublenickel Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 am

The Glove Sniffers have four players that stand out to me. The big blond guy. Goes to the front of the net and set screens, looks for tip ins and rebounds. Need size to match up with him.
    The guy with glasses. Mainly plays defense. Is a sick stick handler. Mainly stays back and quarterbacks the offense. The guy with the helmet. Fast and physical. Blond chick. Goes to the front of the net. Plays physical. Good instigator.
    Their offense is to set up in the slot and either cycle down low and look to pass to the slot. Or, shoot from the point and look for rebounds. They like to have someone in front of the net to set to pass to.
    Anyone have anything to add?
    fireguyq

Post  fireguyq Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:27 am

Only thing I would add is that the 'main' players you listed are pretty physical. Seems to be there game. Wouldn't necessarily say that they are poor sports, but some of the things they do/did were borderline poor sportsmanship...
    doublenickel

Post  doublenickel Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:22 am

I like to play physical. If I can find someone who will dance with me then it's game on. Some people don't like that. I used to play football, so to me it's all good. I couldn't have played that big blond guy any other way.
    fireguyq

Post  fireguyq Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 am

I think that is probably something we will see from any team w/ a big guy. That guy will probably want to stand in front of the net and cherry pick. I think the fact that we were willing to put a body on them frustrated the Glove Sniffers. I mean, really, other than the two shorthanded goals, they didn't do much against us. When you think back to last season, that was one of the problems that we had (let someone camp out in front of the net). Overall, as a team we just need to continue to not be bothered by contact...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:31 pm