The Official Stonecutters Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

3 posters

Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011)

Matthew
    Admin

Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011) Empty Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011)

Post  Matthew Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 am

Game Three of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

The Matchup: Dunder Byfuglien (home) vs. Stonecutters (away).
    Date and Time: Monday, January 24, 2011, 7:30 P.M.
    Location: Gates Field House (located inside Ritchie Center), University of Denver.

Last Meeting: n/a
    All-time record vs. Dunder Byfuglien: n/a

After a much-improved performance against the Glove Sniffers in Week Two, the Stonecutters are going head-to-head against a new team in the Monday night league--and a familiar face in former Stonecutter Leone S.--in Dunder Byfuglien.

It's been a rough beginning for both clubs. Both teams share identical winless records (0-2), with the Stonecutters holding onto fifth place in the division and Dunder Byfuglien sitting in seventh.

Dunder Byfuglien lost their game against the Yetis last week by a score of 10-3 and their inaugural game against Wild Bacon by a score of 10-5.

Discuss tonight's game right here!

Last edited by Matthew on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    fireguyq

Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011) Empty Re: Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011)

Post  fireguyq Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:21 am

Hate to say it, but really it came down to one guy w/ the Adidas shirt tonight that did most of the damage. Seemed like he had good quickness, and no problem shooting from anywhere and it seemed like his idea of getting his teammates involved was throwing the ball into our zone (rarely was anyone from his team heading down, so it might've been a onetimer). The rest of the team really didn't pose that much of a threat. The girl w/ the bad dye job will try to get physical with you and then whine if you get remotely close to touching her. Other than her, it didn't seem like the gals were very aggressive. The big dude w/ glasses plays a little 'out of control' and seemed to lack some coordination.
    Matthew
    Admin

Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011) Empty Re: Game Three: Stonecutters vs. Dunder Byfuglien (01/24/2011)

Post  Matthew Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:26 am

Sports Monster has our game recorded as a 4-4 tie. I'll be calling them in the morning to fix this "error."

While I have to live with that awesome tripping non-call, I will NOT stand for having three points taken away from us like this. >.<

Edit: Scores from both this game and Game One have been fixed. No immediate impact on the standings.
    doublenickel

Post  doublenickel Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 am

Good job Q. I totally agree with the one guy being their offense. As for being physical. I tested the waters too see what I could get away with. Then I changed my philosophy. I became an agitator. I used physical play to get under peoples skin. If you can get the other teams focus on you and get them out of their game then it's to our advantage. When they start complaining you know you've done your job.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:37 am