The Official Stonecutters Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of Stonecutters Floor Hockey!

4 posters

StoneCutters Soundtrack!

donut

StoneCutters Soundtrack! Empty StoneCutters Soundtrack!

Post  donut Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 am

So I know this is obviously not a baseball team, but what would your "batting song" be?

Being a woman of exceptional musical taste, here are my top four choices:

1. Eminem "Til I Collapse" (Just because I've had a thing for ghetto white boys since Vanilla Ice)

2. Weezer "Hash Pipe"

3. The Black Keys "She's Long Gone"

4. Far East Movement "Like a G6" (You know I HAD to include that in there)

Oh, and El Capitan... I would like a coconut coffee with skim milk and sugar, a boston creme pie donut, and a single honey glazed munchkin, please =)

fireguyq

StoneCutters Soundtrack! Empty Re: StoneCutters Soundtrack!

Post  fireguyq Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Well...until I fell asleep last night and got timed out, I had a list of about 7 songs and why I like them. Since, I don't want our little 'Donut' to feel like no one wants to 'blog' with her I will throw up a quick list of 3 songs.

First, Till I Collapse is a GREAT START!!!! They actually did a study a few years back and discoverd that Eminem and Xzibit were popular musicians that could be found playing in sports lockerrooms from the pros down to college ranks.

My 3 songs that I usually listen to when battling cross town traffic to play softball...

The March- Hush (from the opening chains until the end of the song, the beat and lyrics get my blood pumping)

Let it Rock- Kevin Rudolf w/ Lil Wayne (Because when I arrive, I, I'll bring the fire!!!!)

(Even) More Human Than Human- X-ecutioners (I love this mix from the turntablist because it mixes their style and Rob Zombie)

Remember the Name- Fort Minor (In my opinion, the chorus sums up the competitive drive....

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

If I had to choose just one them song, for a highlight reel, I would probably go with The March, though.
    Matthew
    Admin

Post  Matthew Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Some good suggestions in here!

The thing about adding them music to the video is this: YouTube will block any video that will violate copyright restrictions. Sometimes a little bit of audio editing can get around these restrictions to a point, but sometimes there's just no getting around it.

This really creates a headache after spending hours getting a video segment polished, then another hour or two uploaded, only to find out that it gets blocked because of copyright restrictions.

I'll do my best to see if I can get a few of these songs into the upcoming videos, but if I can't, it's probably because of copyright restrictions.

As far as my own "battle music" goes, I usually listen to the .hack//game soundtrack, which consists of fusion of Japanese techno and German opera. Strangely enough, I usually have a totally different song on a loop in my head during the game!
    doublenickel

Post  doublenickel Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:11 pm

I always wanted to do a professional wrestler type of intro. I actually got my wish at my brother's wedding reception. I didn't get to choose my own music though. In keeping with this theme how about "Also Sprach Zathura" (Ric Flair's intro music).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:48 am